Wake up and know: today is a day for change. Whether it’s the first sunny day in spring or the last tagged photograph on Facebook that makes you cringe at your excess weight. If you’ve seen one of these pics that simply leaves you wondering how you got so overweight it’s a good time to start changing.
When you are too ready for change, be it because the sun is shining or because you are sick of the way you look, all you need to do is one thing. That one thing is; something that gets done every day for your better health.
Quit Talking About Getting Fit And Do It
It is important to focus on the doing. Talking, wondering and wanting to know about health is very valuable, but the change in health happens with ‘doing.’ This means you need to get up, get out and do one healthy thing for yourself every day to work toward your fitness goals.
Don’t Over Do It
It is really important to realize that most exercise plans are doomed from the start because of over training, t doing one thing but doing many things. The research clearly states that over exercising ‘never’ works. Change is good, but as with all good things, it takes time. Not just our bodies but our minds need to get around to being fit and enjoy the losing weight habits. Implement one change a day and you will change your life forever
Here Are A Few Ideas To Start With:
· Always take the stairs if it is one flight of stairs. Practice this change every time you come across one flight of stairs.
· Drink a glass of water before you eat any meal. Stop confusing hunger with thirst, drink a glass of water half an hour before every meal.
· Eating one more portion of fruit and vegetables instead of other food groups a day. We should really eat 5-9 portions.
· Go for a ten minute walk. Every day. Increase the walking every week with ten minutes.
· Do something different: swim, bike ride, canoeing, etc.
· Remember to be kind to the self, start anew every day and do a little, often. When it all becomes too much, or too difficult remember: Rome wasn’t built in one day and always take ‘one step at a time’, it will get you where you want to go as long as you’re doing it.